By Sadegh Imani Yengejeh, Seyedeh Alieh Kazemi, Andreas Öchsner
This quantity offers a complete procedure for categorizing carbon nanotubes and their ameliorations by way of nano sheets, nanotubes, microscopic and atomic ameliorations. moreover, the fabric and geometric houses of those nano-configurations are addressed. finally, it introduces a few universal software program applications for geometry iteration and several other advertisement finite point programs.
Read or Download A Primer on the Geometry of Carbon Nanotubes and Their Modifications PDF
Similar nanostructures books
Computational experiences of recent fabrics used to be released via global clinical in 1999 and edited through Daniel Jelski and Thomas F George. a lot has occurred prior to now decade. Advances were made at the similar fabrics mentioned within the 1999 ebook, together with fullerenes, polymers and nonlinear optical strategies in fabrics, that are provided during this 2010 publication.
This booklet is meant as a sophisticated smooth textbook and reference guide relating to thermal stresses. it's going to serve a variety of readers, particularly, graduate and postgraduate scholars, scientists, researchers in a variety of commercial and executive institutes, and engineers operating in mechanical, civil, and aerospace engineering.
The realm of low-dimensional quantum platforms on discrete areas is a swiftly growing to be study box mendacity on the interface among quantum theoretical advancements, like discrete and q-difference equations, and tight binding superlattice types in solid-state physics. structures on discrete areas are promising applicants for functions in numerous parts.
- Nanotoxicology : progress toward nanomedicine
- A User's Guide to Ellipsometry
- Remarkable Natural Material Surfaces and Their Engineering Potential
- Organic and Inorganic Coatings for Corrosion Prevention - Research and Experiences - Papers from EUROCORR '96
Extra info for A Primer on the Geometry of Carbon Nanotubes and Their Modifications
1 Doping This random imperfection corresponds to the case where a finite number of c arbon atoms were replaced by silicon, nitrogen, boron, etc. 21 for the silicon atom. 22. 23. Chapter 6 Degenerated Tubes Beside carbon nanotubes, there are some other configurations of nanostructures, such as nanocones, capped CNTs, fullerene molecules, etc. 1 Carbon Nanocone Structures These specific types of nanostructures were reported to possess a wide distribution of apex angles, which support a disclination model for cone-helix structures .
1. g. g. second moment of area) can be easily obtained from basic material tests and evaluated based on the given dimensions of the crosssectional area. Nevertheless, for the carbon-carbon bonds of CNTs, no classical tests or geometric derivations are available to describe the properties of the equivalent beam elements. Consequently, we assume the same values for the equivalent beam elements as in the approach proposed in [4, 20, 22]. These effective material and geometrical properties were obtained in the mentioned references based on a molecular mechanics approach where CNTs were regarded as a large molecule consisting of carbon atoms with atomic nuclei treated as material points.
This software is used for modeling different types of CNTs. CoNTub is a computer program for determining the coordinates of these nanostructures. e. the primary bonds between two nearestneighboring atoms) are calculated by this software. Some features of the first version of CoNTub are simulating SWCNTs and MWCNTs. The most highlighted feature of the second version of this software is to generate the models of threejunctioned CNTs. 1 displays a snapshot from CoNTub software. 2 Carbon/Boron Nitride Nanostructure Builder Plugin Using this plugin, models of carbon or boron nitride nanoparticles including single-wall nanotubes or graphene-like sheets can be simulated.
A Primer on the Geometry of Carbon Nanotubes and Their Modifications by Sadegh Imani Yengejeh, Seyedeh Alieh Kazemi, Andreas Öchsner